Thursday, January 29, 2009

So I'm about one week into it!

Here are some pictures of my first week on CG. I'm LOVING the results! I'm also doing some research on the difference between primary and secondary surfactants (shampoo v. conditioner surfactants) and why secondary surfactants are sufficient to cleanse the scalp and hair. I'm interested in this topic because while we know that silicones and cationic polymers can only be removed by primary surfactants, I haven't read too much about how other surfactants can get the hair and scalp just as clean. So check back soon! I'm hoping to have up this post within the next day or two.


I found an ingredient in the Aloe 80 condish that is only moderately soluble in water. Wikipedia states that phenoxyethanol is only moderately soluble in water. This pdf saftety data sheet states that phenoxyethanol is only slightly soluble in water, and is fully soluble only in acetone and ethanol. Since I'm just recently starting on CG, I think I need to be using products that have absolutely no potential to build up. Knowing this, I picked up a bottle of Nature's Gate Biotin condish. It's watery enough for me to work as a COwash, but thick enough to be rich enough in this dry weather.

Here are my pictures:



These two pictures were taken on Sunday after six days on CG, three using natural products.



























These two were taken today. I started the day off at 86% humidity and it's currently at 33%. I think my hair did really well!


























No comments:

Post a Comment